This is quite a tasty dish I’ve just thrown together, it will produce enough for one hungry person or two as part of a bigger meal. You can probably add other stuff, I reckon a bit of beef mince or some diced bacon would have worked a treat.
Stuff You’ll Need;
- Black cale
- Four tomatoes
- An onion
- Handful of mushrooms
- Handful of pasta
- Vegetable stock
- Other stuff to season
Stuff To Do;
- Boil a saucepan of water to blanche the tomatoes then to cook the pasta. To blanche them make a cut in the skin of the tomato around the circumference then dunk them in the boiling water for a minute then dunk them in cold water. Peel off the skins then dice the and use the already boiling water for the pasta.
- Chop up the cale (removing the stems), onions, mushrooms and throw the onions into a frying pan with a little olive oil. Fry until they start to brown around the edge.
- Add the tomatoes to the onions and add a little water. Cook for a few minutes then add everything else and crumble in the stock cube.
- Add whatever “stuff to season” you wish, I added some black pepper and cook for a while longer.
- Drain the pasta, remove the frying pan from the heat and mix it into the sauce.
Any suggestions, feel free to add a comment.